Employment Position Available
||Shorehaven Behavioral Health
|Title of Position and Supervisor
||Title: Outpatient Psychotherapist
Administrative Supervisor: Director of Outpatient Services
Clinical Supervisor: Consulting Psychologist or Peer Supervision Team
|Assigned Organizational Unit
||Outpatient Mental Health Department, a Program of Shorehaven Behavioral Health, Inc.
|Job Summary or Overview, Including Job Classification
- This job may be considered exempt or non-exempt, and if non-exempt, may be hourly or commissioned. Payment will be on a negotiated basis with benefits per company benefits policies. At this time, all OP staff at SBH are commissioned.
- The Outpatient Psychotherapist [OP] provides thorough clinical assessment and clinical counseling/psychotherapy, using up-to-date methods, to patients with primary or secondary mental health problems (who may also have substance abuse and chemical dependence problems, disabilities, psychosocial, or medical problems).
- Based upon assessment, a diagnosis and treatment plan will be developed and recommendations made by the OP.
- The OP provides screening and assessment, recommendations, referrals, case management, treatment planning, orientation to treatment, psychotherapeutic treatment, follow-up, and all associated paperwork all the core functions of a Chapter 455 or Chapter 457 Wisconsin Statutes licensed professional in an DHS 35 outpatient clinic, and all associated regulations.
- The Outpatient Psychotherapist may provide other outpatient services, such as psychoeducation, supervision, case management, and EAP, which have different procedural standards than outpatient psychotherapy, but for which competent clinical skills and high standards will be used.
- The OP procures the authorizations for treatment and maintains them.
|Position qualifications: (experience, skills, eduction, licence)
- The Outpatient Psychotherapist has either the LPC, LMFT, or LCSW, or LP, or has Medicaid Approved Provider Status and is working toword licensure within 180 days of hire. The Department Director may at any time restrict hiring to those with an active license.
- A training license or training certificate will be sufficient for those who are working towards licensure within 180 days and who have Approved Provider status unless hiring is restricted to licensed professionals.
- The level of education is a masters degree or doctorate. The Counselor must provide a copy each two years of his/her renewed license. This is a requirement for entitlement to employment.
- The OP must provide evidence of completion of required continuing education during each biennium.
- The OP may have an SAC-IT, SAC, or CSAC credential or the equivalent. Only those with the AODA credential or the equivalent may treat chemical dependency as a primary diagnosis.
- The OP must have skills for assisting in the screening and treatment of dual disorders.
- Training in treating children is desirable and the counselor must document how that training and/or experience was acquired. Those without supervised experience working with children in a clinical setting should demonstrate competence for treating children and/or seek supervision for seeing children.
- Having the 3000 hours of experience post-Masters and Approved Provider Status are required along with NPI number and Wisconsin Medicaid registration.
- Previous experience may be required for certain OP positions and this requirement will be evaluated for each OP position independently.
|Major Duites and Responsibilities
- Schedule, complete, and document HIGHLY competent mental health screening and assessment.
- Screen for mental health problems and make accurate INDEPENDENT diagnoses.
- Make appropriate recommendations and assist patients to arrange for services to follow through on recommendations.
- Orient new patients to the program.
- Contact professionals associated with the patient, with patients written permission; acquire past records and to coordinate care.
- With patients participation, complete treatment/recovery plan and quarterly reviews.
- Staff cases with program peer consultation group, PhD, MD, as appropriate and indicated by company policy.
- Help recommend or arrange psychiatric appointments for patients, as indicated.
- Refer for additional or alternative services, as indicated
- Document all contacts with and about the client and complete all required records in a timely manner, including discharge, following program policies.
- Follow the requirements of company and program policies
- Provide individual therapy, and also provide child, couple, and family therapy, dual disorders therapy and substance abuse therapy, if qualified or if supervised.
- Work collaboratively with supervisors and team members
- Maintain certifications, including completion of continuing education requirements, and provide documentation of CEUs.
- Progress on any needed certifications or licensure as quickly as possible.
- Assist in marketing SBH and the program.
- Maintain a professional, collegial manner at all times
- Attend staff and departmental meetings
- Set and follow through on learning goals for professional growth of skills, develop necessary skills including AODA assessment skills, family assessment skills, child assessment skills
- Respond to requests for information promptly.
|Accountability and Benchmarks
||You are hired not merely to perform a job function, but because we believe your skills will make those job functions aneffective, integral, and important part of the growth of your department and SBH and contribute to the welfare of your colleagues, our patients, and the community.
You will be making a contribution to the profitability from which you and your team members will benefit.
Every duty and expectation is your contribution to the welfare of the entire team, the company, yourself, and the welfare of your clients.
Customers for Your Job Functions:
Clients to enhance the well-being, health, quality of life, and lifestyle functioning of clients
Referral Sources to think of SBH as the premier, go-to provider, to make their work easier because they know they can rely upon Shorehave
Supervisor to contribute to the department team as well as anyone can, to honor the wisdom and experience of your supervisors and consultants
Company maximize productivity and billable client hours, documentation is timely
Yourself work with us on your career development and your job-satisfaction to make this your long-term career job
|Assessment. Schedule and complete screenings and assessment, thoroughly and competently
Screen for mental health problems, AODA problems
|Benchmark: Each Assessment is thorough, with all paperwork completed within 48 hours, clients competently assessed
Data: Chart review
|Documentation. Contact professionals associated with the patient, with patients written permission; acquire past records; coordinate care. (I.e., Low level Case Management)
With patient, complete treatment plan.
Document all contacts with and about the client and complete all required records in a timely manner, including discharge, following program policies.
|Benchmark: The low level case management is completed for each case.
Treatment plans are complete and reflect behavioral, thoughtful approach.
Discharge client charts within 30 days of final appointment.
100% match between billing dates and documentation.
Data: Chart review. Billing log review.
|Clinical. Orient new patients to the treatment.
Provide individual and family counseling to high
professional standards of skill and effectiveness
|Benchmark: 85% positive outcomes
Data: Discharge summary reviews.
Client satisfaction surveys.
Client outcome data
Evaluation by Supervisor and self-evaluation.
No complaints filed by clients.
|Consultation and Referral. Staff cases with program peer consultation team, PhD, MD
Arrange psychiatric appointments for patients, as indicated.
Refer for additional or alternative services, as indicated.
Work collaboratively with supervisors and team members.
|Benchmark: Staff all cases per Medicaid and DHS35/DHS75 standards.
Participate in team building, strategic planning, and assignments.
Data: Evaluation by Supervisor and self-evaluation.
Chart audit to verify Treatment Plan Record of Review forms
|Professional. Maintain certifications, including completion of continuing education requirements.
Follow the requirements of program policy manual.
Set and follow through on learning goals
Progress on an certifications as possible.
Maintain a professional, collegial manner at all times.
Develop skills and competencies.
|Benchmark: All licenses and certifications are renewed before expiration.
All continuing education requirements are met or exceeded.
Set and complete annual learning goals.
Data: Staff file audit.
Evaluation by Supervisor and self-evaluation.
Attend & contribute to staffings, peer review, departmental meetings, staff meetings
|Corporate and Programmatic. Assist in marketing program.
||Benchmark: Contribute leads through contacts arising out of personal and case contacts.
Attend exhibits, meetings.
Go the extra mile to develop the program.
Data: Report of lead development.
Evaluation by Supervisor and self-evaluation.
Download this page as a PDF File
For more information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.