||Shorehaven Behavioral Health
|Assigned Organizational Unit (e.g., department)
||Business Operations Team: Clinical Support
|Job Overview and Classification
||This is a non-exempt position which is paid hourly.
The Clinic Support Specialist (CSS) provides excellent services in
- responding to client inquiries,
- maintaining a professional yet positive approach with clients,
- assisting clinicians with office needs
- maintain clinical files and documents according to professional standards
- assisting with patient scheduling
- confirming patient appointments
- trouble-shooting office machinery.
In addition, the CSS maintains complete confidentiality of client and business office records.
|Position qualifications: (experience, skills, eduction, licence)
- Required: Clinic Support Specialist will have completed general education
- requirements and/or have completed at least some post-secondary classes.
- The candidate must have quality writing skills and word processing skills.
- Works well with limited oversight, can manage various tasks as assigned (time management skills) and can function in both small and large workgroups.
- Professionalism and the ability to work in challenging situations is a must.
- Must have at least 1 year of office work/customer service experience and previous phone reception experience.
- Familiarity with working in either mental/medical health services is a plus.
NOTE REGARDING MEDICAL OFFICE EXPERIENCE
Some of our clinical staff members are nurses or physicians (psychiatrists). Therefore, we may also require some training as a medical assistant or some effective work experience in a medical office or hospital as a pre-requisite for at least some of our CSS positions. Any such experience is a plus.
|Major Duites and Responsibilities
- Create an inviting environment to clients by providing excellent, cheerful, everhelpful service.
- Create a functional front-office environment for all SBH staff.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Receive incoming phone calls and distributing messages appropriately.
- Maintain fax machine, assist users, and retrieve and route incoming faxes.
- Update client contact and payer information as needed in Procentive, our practice management software.
- Maintain client schedules in Procentive.
- Confirm client appointments.
- Send out Medical Records requests.
- Audit New Client charts.
- Discharge Client Charts after completion of services.
- Replenish clinic forms in blank form drawer daily.
- Maintain the chart files.
- Assist Psychiatrists with scheduling/appointment needs.
- Assemble new Mental Health Charts daily.
- Send out client statements and other mailings.
- Help maintain postage meter.
- Help maintain copiers.
- Pull client charts for assigned clinicians.
- Check Payer Eligibility in Procentive.
- Track office supplies.
- Collect client copays.
- Update client paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned
|Accountability and Benchmarks
||You are hired not merely to perform a job function, but because we believe your skills will make those job functions an effective, integral, and important part of the growth of your department and SBH and contribute to the welfare of your colleagues, our patients, and the community.
You will be making a contribution to the profitability from which you and your team members will benefit.
Every duty and expectation is your contribution to the welfare of the entire team, the company, yourself, and the welfare of your clients.