Employment Position Available
Psychotherapist or Counselor for Dual Disorders Program
||Shorehaven Behavioral Health
||Brown Deer,WI - Greenfield, WI - Milwaukee, WI
||All applications must be by email. Remember to include a COVER LETTER which highlights and explains your strengths and experience. Cover Letter is essential.
|Hours per Week:
||25 - 50
|Work Hours (i.e. shift):
||First and Second
|Starting Salary Range:
||Commission, $40k-62k see below
||Pay is related to your credentials and experience. We pay a generous commission plus numerous benefits. Licensed therapists in the in-home program earn $47k at the expected level of 28 billable per week (including drive time), but most bill 35-40 hours per week for pay of $62k average or more. Office therapists ought to earn around $40-42k, but may work additional hours for additional remuneration. We do permit therapists to combine office and in-home practice.
||2 to 20+ years
A leading mental health clinic seeks CAREER employees for our outpatient treatment clinic, especially for our dual disorders program, and for our in-home program. Shorehaven Behavioral Health, Inc, an innovative, growing company, the only FUTURE FIFTY company in our industry, has psychotherapist positions for mental health and substance abuse treatment professionals.
- Dual Disorders Counselors who can treat Co-Occurring Disorders must have a substance abuse treatment credential of SAC, CSAC, SAC-IT or an AODA endorsement to their mental health license.
- In-Home Psychotherapists for the ENTIRE EASTERN HALF OF WISCONSIN from Green Bay to Kenosha, especially in metro Milwaukee. These jobs are for candidates with a minimum of a MASTERS DEGREE in a mental health discipline. Those with a license as LPC, LCSW, LMFT, ATR, or Licensed Psychologist are preferred.
- Outpatient Psychotherapists in the Milwaukee area. MUST BE LICENSED.
- Referrals, provider network contracts, attractive offices, innovative programs, the state's largest in-home treatment program, and the only Dual Disorders program in which every professional is dually licensed for truly integrated care
- Support for your professional functions, including stable management with a history of leadership for sustained growth
- Outstanding clinical supervision in excess of state requirements, including supervision towards licensure
- On-site billing for a better collection ratio
- A full-service psychotherapy practice, including psychiatry
- Benefits -- we are one of the only private clinics with benefits health insurance, dental insurance, 401K, FSA, CEU service.
The candidate must be committed to the treatment of co-occurring disorders and/or persons with significant mental health disorders and family dysfunction. For In-Home therapy, supervised child therapy treatment experience is important. The ideal candidate for this position has experience with 3 or more of these methods and can screen for substance abuse problems.
substance abuse assessment and treatment
solution focused brief therapy,
cognitive behavioral therapy,
psychoanalytically-oriented short-term therapy,
child and adolescent therapy,
- Conduct in-depth assessments.
- Provide individual AND family therapy. Dual Disorders counselors also provide group chemical dependency counseling.
- Obtain authorization for services.
- Submit billing in timely fashion.
- Work as member of therapeutic team to meet client needs.
- Attend ongoing consultation and supervision sessions
Must have computer competencies in order to manage electronic charting, scheduling, billing, and word processing.
Familiarity with Forward Health, Badgercare, and Badgercare HMOs.
A successful candidate for these jobs should have great organizational skills, write clearly and professionally, meet deadlines, have VERY strong psycho-diagnostic skills, and have terrific follow-through.
Important: These jobs have firm requirements which are set by law. In order to work with children, applicants must, under a new law, DHS35, show evidence for their training to see children and adolescents. Cell phone or pager is required for all positions.
- Do not apply for a Co-occurring Disorders position if you lack either a mental health license or an AODA credential.
- Do not apply for an In-Home job if you do not have a Masters degree and supervised child treatment experience.
- Do not apply for an Outpatient Mental Health position if you do not have full licensure.
- Applicants without the appropriate credentials will not be considered.
Future Fifty is an awards program of the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce. Shorehaven is the only Future Fifty winner in the health care provider industry! And we have won for two years in a row!! http://www.mmac.org/clientuploads/PDFs/Future50/2010-Winners-Flyer2.pdf
LOOK at our write up in Biz Times to learn how well Shorehaven managers meet industry challenges. http://www.biztimes.com/news/2010/9/17/shorehaven-behavioral-health-inc
You MUST enclose a cover letter or extensive email highlighting the skills and experiences which make you a strong candidate for these positions, especially any child/family treatment experiences and any AODA experience, if you have done any AODA work. Also tell us why you will find this work challenging, interesting, exciting, and a good fit for you. Please highlight your licensure and credentials.
Due to requirements of our HMO contracts, resumes must have months as well as years listed for degrees, schooling, and jobs. We are an equal opportunity employer operating under an affirmative action plan.
For more information, please see our
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.